[Libreoffice-qa] Excel key bindings for Calc

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:32:42 UTC 2016

Hi Jay

Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote
> I'm currently working on an option for having Calc use Excel's keyboard
> shortcuts. So i'm gathering a list of shortcuts to see which ones can be
> integrated in Calc's default mode and which would be exclusive to an
> Excel keybinding mode.
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AmDXLkQiFK5OcOrtuGn7iAcqp2Yhc_eNNnlADk-ji-U/edit?usp=sharing

This is a very useful table.
One key that I always have to change in any LibreOffice installation is F4
to toggle absolute/relative addresses (maybe this could be changed from
Shift+F4 as default unless there are too many Calc users opposing?)

Does Ctrl+; (insert current date) work for you? This is one of Excel's
function that I really miss. Maybe it doesn't work on my systems because I
use a Portuguese keyboard? If so then it's probably a bug?