[Libreoffice-qa] Improving the OS Field

Yousuf 'Jay' Philips philipz85 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:28:41 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I'd like to suggest we improve the selection of OSes in the OS listbox,
by getting rid of the ones we dont build for or have 0 bugs for (e.g.
AIX, HP-UX) or have virtually no open bugs for (e.g. Solaris, OpenBSD),
as we have an 'Others' entry that should be sufficient for that.
I also think we should add ones that have unique bugs that dont happen
in different versions. Here are some of the ones i think should be added.

Windows XP - quite a few bugs exclusive to this
Windows Vista - quite a few bugs exclusive to this
Windows 10 - would assume new bugs are being found exclusive to this
that dont affect 7 or 8
Windows (64-bit) - quite a lot of LO x64 build only bugs
Linux (64-bit) - i've seen a number of these that dont affect the 32-bit
build

Steve would better know if we needed to break up the 'Mac OS X (All)'
entry into additional entries.

With this improved OS field, i believe we can retire the Hardware field.

Yousuf