[Libreoffice-qa] More information in About dialog

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:32:42 UTC 2016

Hi Stuart, all

V Stuart Foote wrote
> Anyhow, Michael M.'s suggested easy hack looks to provide hooks for a
> consistent indicator on all build platforms.  Any takers?

Code is a foreign incomprehensible language to me, but as far as I can tell,
Michael is referring to "GetHWOSConfInfo" which I assume means Get Hardware
OS so he is showing how to add the missing OS architecture info

However this does not make the indicator of LibreOffice architecture
consistent across platforms.

BTW I believe it would be better to be consistent and use 32-bit and 64-bit
for both informations (OS and LibreOffice)

(Some) people know that the higher number is the newest, unlike x86 and x64
where the highest number is the oldest :)
In any case x86 and x64 is a reference to the CPU architecture which is
clearly not common knowledge (I would dare to say it's geek-knowledge) .

Cheers,
Pedro