[Libreoffice-qa] Resizing image in Calc nearly freezes whole system?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat May 28 14:14:44 UTC 2016

Thomas Hackert wrote
> Is this reproducible on an other system to anyone? And: are you able
> to get a strace / backtrace? Is this already reported to bugzilla?

When opening your sample file I had a single crash on LO 4.4.7.2 x86 under
Win 10 x64
The error message title was "LibreOffice 4.4 - Fatal Error" and the message
"bad allocation"
But I can't replicate the crash again...

No crashes with LO 5.1.3.2 x64 under Windows 10 x64 (but the resize problems
are the same, see below)

There is definitely a problem with image resize in Calc. Resizing down is
not so bad (although it is difficult to be accurate) but resizing up seems
to be completely out of control (of course you can simply type the exact
value but that is not expected in a GUI based program...)

Hope this helps...