[Libreoffice-qa] Ability to have Snap/Flatpak/etc. for bug hunting season

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sat May 9 11:53:21 UTC 2020

William Gathoye (LibreOffice) kirjoitti 9.5.2020 klo 14.11:
> Hello everyone,
>
> While officially not in charge of LibreOfficeFR any more on Twitter,
> some people are requesting why we don't have Flatpak/Snap packages for
> prereleases versions as well?
>
> Some contributors aren't eager to test because installing the current
> .deb/.rpm could interfere with their current profile. Having a simple
> Flatpak/Snap/AppImage packages could ease the ongoing bug hinting process.
>
> I know some images are not managed by TDF directly, but providing one
> for those we officially support could help IMHO.

Flatpaks are the responsibility of Red Hat and Snaps of Canonical. I
would very much like things to stay that way in order to not burden our
release managers.

The appimage for 7.0 is rather fresh: https://libreoffice.soluzioniopen.com/

Antonio can be helped by solving open issues:
https://github.com/antoniofaccioli/libreoffice-appimage/issues

Ilmari