[Libreoffice-qa] 2 forms for bug reporting

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Wed Nov 9 10:14:35 UTC 2022

On 9.11.2022 11.47, Xisco Fauli wrote:
> On 9/11/22 10:35, Stéphane Guillou wrote:
>>

>> I'm sure there's quite a few things we could do to improve the
>> situation, but could we start with adding the Attachment field to the
>> guided format so bug reporters are incentivised to provide testing
>> files and avoid some back-and-forth?
>>
>> The form currently has the following text:
>>
>>     /*IMPORTANT:*//In case you need to attach to the bug, Please use
>>     the "Add an Attachment" link once the bug is filled. /
>>
>> Is that because there was a limitation to add the attachment field?
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> Yes, adding the attachment field to the guided format would be ideal but
> so far no one has been able to implement it. At least in my case, my
> perl skills are really basic.
>
> You can find the code in
> template/en/default/bug/create/create-guided.html.tmpl

...and the repo at
https://git.libreoffice.org/infra/bugzilla

and the branch to use is tdf-5.0.6

The .git/config I have for it is

[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
	url = https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/infra/bugzilla
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
	pushurl = ssh://logerrit/infra/bugzilla
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master

It will ask you to install git hooks (and show you the way), when you
first try to push a patch.

Pushing is done like

git push origin mybranch:refs/for/master

Ilmari