[Libreoffice-qa] QA and QA Analyst - from Timur

Florian Effenberger floeff at documentfoundation.org
Mon Nov 21 14:57:56 UTC 2022

Hello Timur,

it's not related to foundation regulations. In general, I do not share
personal information on a public mailing list that is archived, that's
why I offered you another call.

The decision on the job role was taken unanimously by the hiring
committee, which consists of four people with different backgrounds. As
you can see from the duration of the decision making progress, we didn't
take things lightly.

In many companies, candidates do not get any feedback at all when they
are not awarded the job, or at the maximum just a standard e-mail. To me
it was very important to talk to you, this is why we had a call.

It's always hard to turn down an application especially from a community
member, but then, quite often, more than one community member applies,
so someone's application is always turned down in the end, making
someone unhappy. There are usually many factors involved in such a
decision, and sometimes it is just a very "close race", without any
major concerns for one candidate or the other.

For many years, TDF has been tendering roles so anyone interested can
apply. As you can see from the job postings, "As always, TDF will give
some preference to individuals who have previously shown a commitment to
TDF, including but not limited to members of TDF. Not being a member
does not exclude any applicants from consideration.", so we do factor
that in. We do take previous commitment into account.

Again, I am very sorry if you are unhappy with the outcome. If it helps,
I am happy to have another call with you, of course.

Florian