[libreoffice-design] Re: Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2023-Dec-20

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at documentfoundation.org
Fri Dec 22 07:11:21 UTC 2023

On 21.12.23 20:05, Eyal Rozenberg wrote:
> "LibreOffice unexpectedly and strangely modifies an ODT file without
> they user having done anything, and embedding unnecessary fonts nobody
> asked it to."

Sounds like another facet of the font embedding. I would treat bug 158588 about
what fonts are embedded (CTL/CJK/Lat and used) and handle the situation of
shared documents on another. I haven't tested what happens when one checks the
embed fonts option and shares this document with another person. Assuming her
fonts would also be included, silently, this is at least a privacy issue.