[Libreoffice-qa] Upgrading TDF's Bugzilla?

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sat Feb 4 15:28:08 UTC 2023

On 4.2.2023 16.59, Jeff wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm just a frequent bug reporter / user, so I can't do the actual
> infrastructure work, but I am curious to know if you folks have any
> plans and timeline for upgrading your seemingly very old version of
> Bugzilla to the latest one, to benefit from the more modern syntax
> (including MarkDown support) and themes (including automatic dark mode
> support) like what we see on the Mozilla bugzilla?

Yes, we have a plan which includes contracting the remaining work. You
see, we would not only be upgrading it for TDF, but for the whole world.
Mozilla forked their Bugzilla many years ago and ever since then there
has been an effort to harmonise and correct this glitch in the FOSS
universe.

Stay tuned - this is pending a decision from TDF board.

Ilmari