[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] Suggestion and patch for "Confirmation of save format" dialog

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 04:16:55 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 21:23 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
> That said, the most helpful thing (but most difficult) ist to tell
> people what will be missing exactly in terms of content, features or
> formatting when exporting documents.

Hard, there was a filter tracer project long ago to attempt to record
for semi-debugging purposes things which couldn't be exported to the
destination format, but it's not great :-( Most critically while it
could detect some things, it doesn't/didn't detect all of them. Plenty
of work required, its a good idea to have it if we could do it. That'd
be the MSFilterTracer stuff in sw/source/filter/ww8 and similar ones
elsewhere.

We should probably not let the great be the enemy of the good and either
drop the dialog entirely? or make it a big easier to read in the
short-term, e.g. by Friday :-)

C.

p.s.
I see the MSFilterTracer logging has gone stale anyway, e.g.

if (!pWDop->fNoLeading)
    maTracer.Log(sw::log::eExtraLeading);
rDoc.set(IDocumentSettingAccess::ADD_EXT_LEADING, !pWDop->fNoLeading);

we seem to be logging that we can't support extra leading as a compatibility
option at the same time we set the since-implemented extra leading
compatibility option :-)