[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Toolbar look improvement

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Fri Jun 10 15:11:09 PDT 2011

Hi Kendy,

Jan Holesovsky wrote (10-06-11 18:39)

> I just got to some "make LibreOffice nicer" hacking today, and thought
> you might be interested in it ;-)

That sounds as a relaxing day ;-)

> This time it was related to the toolbars:
>
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/blog/pics/toolbar-menu-gone.png
>
> I removed the menus for handling toolbars.  First, the visual look was
> extremely suboptimal (too visible for functionality that is not used
> daily), second, the functionality just duplicates the right-click on the
> toolbar handle, so one can achieve the very same thing with the exactly
> same effort just by clicking somewhere else.

Only one thing I see: when the toolbar is docked, there is hardly any
visible free space, so I get mouse-over events everywhere, which IMO
makes it unnatural to right click - which cán be done anywhere I see.
The small triangle might make people curious ...

> Please note that when you make the window so small that some of the
> toolbar items get hidden, the menu control appears again, so that it is
> visible that there is "something more somewhere".

Ah, that is ok.

> Please let me know if you like it - I hope that yes :-) - and I'll blog
> about it.

Well, though I hardly ever use them, I'm a bit undecided.
But there are real experts over here, that will have an opinion too ;-)

Cheers,
Cor
--
  - Cor