[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Re-sizing handles ...

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Nov 1 06:49:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Þann mán 31.okt 2011 16:05, skrifaði Michael Meeks:
> Hi guys,

>>>         Agreed - there are two modes: large and small for the handles but both
>>> look dated as you say. Some consensus on this from the design team might
>>> let us create some easy hack around this.
>>
>> There are four modes: small, large, small/3D, large/3D. Writer's
>> scanner tool uses small square black handles, but I am not sure if
>> these are graphics.
>> Additionally, in Draw/Impress, there are at least another four handles
>> (corner, side vertical, side horizontal, center) for rotating and a
>> further two (node, "direction of node") for manipulating vector lines,
>> all are also available in four modes (small, small/3D, large,
>> large/3D).
>
> 	So - Thorsten - is there really any good reason for all these handle
> modes ?

A bit on Bezier-curve handles in Draw:

Attached is a screenshot attempting to show the difference
of those, compared to the resizing handles.
There's a slight circular shadow effect on the Bezier
handles. (Is it possible that they're supposed to be
circular but are suffering from the alpha transparency bug
mentioned in the other thread ?)

Anyway, in most decent drawing applications I know of,
Bezier points are circular and Bezier handles either
circular or triangular; IMHO that gives a better impression
on how they work (can be moved in all directions = are vectors).

Just thoughts,

Sveinn í Felli