[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Re-sizing handles ...

Astron heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 04:55:53 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

>> * There is a little blue cross that appears when moving glue points. I
>> have no idea how that can be themed.
>
>        A pain to find as well ;-) in the end I chased it down via:
>
> $ git grep -10 GetGluePointList
> svx/source/sdr/contact/viewcontactofsdrobj.cxx-        drawinglayer::primitive2d::Primitive2DSequence ViewContactOfSdrObj::createGluePointPrimitive2DSequence() const
> ..
>                        const basegfx::BColor aBackPen(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
>                        const basegfx::BColor aRGBFrontColor(0.0, 0.0, 1.0); // COL_LIGHTBLUE
>                        const drawinglayer::primitive2d::Primitive2DReference xReference(new drawinglayer::primitive2d::MarkerArrayPrimitive2D(
>                            aGluepointVector,
>                            drawinglayer::primitive2d::createDefaultGluepoint_7x7(aBackPen, aRGBFrontColor)));
>
>        And to some code I never imagined:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/svx/source/sdr/primitive2d/sdrprimitivetools.cxx#n85
>
>        Which draws this baby by ~50 explicit set-pixel calls [ urgh ! ].
>
>        On the way I even found some nice ascii-art (in German) in the tree ;-)

That's ... interesting. And I couldn't even appreciate the fact that
it the pixels are drawn in this order because my PC is too fast.

>> * All handles are resized to (n-1)px * (n-1)px of their nominal size
>> for an unknown reason. (Happens with all handles old as much as new.)
>
>        Hopefully Tim will nail this.

If my assumption is right, I might be able to provide the patch
myself. In essence, all calls in svdhdl.cxx to GetSizePixel() are
postfixed with a "- 1" – I simply removed those "- 1".
I am currently building, since I haven't built for a few months and
have replaced my OS in between, it'll take a while).
Thanks for all the investigations (I'd have never known where to start
searching).

>>  Feedback very welcome.
>
>        Looks lovely; I'm tempted to push the crop images immediately (into
> tango right?) - though we prefer everything under MPL/LGPLv3+ I think
> (if we can get it). The other handles would prolly require the legacy
> pixels being retained & overlayed just in case of problems - but we can
> get those in soon too; feature freeze coming Dec 5th so ... ;-)

The handles are positioned correctly, so the sprites are both
"functional." I just didn't do all of the handles – which I could of
course, but I wanted to leave out the ones that seemed unused. I have
noticed though that we need the first three handles of the second row
(for curves), so I'll attach a new version (with the old stuff also
in). They should go into Tango, right, and if the Ubuntu guys agree,
maybe also Human(ity). And of course you can use them under MPL/LGPL.
But I'll ask for feedback on the design list, so if you push them now,
they might have to be replaced again.

As for other themes, I'll post something on the design list if someone
could do Galaxy, too.

Something that confuses me a bit is that I don't know what the
"plushandles," as svdhdl.cxx refers to them, do...

Hm, random fact about the crop handles: someone had the odd idea that
they should share their borders, so that 8px of width and 3px of the
height could be saved, this makes theming them a bit harder than it
should. I'll have a closer look at svdhdl.cxx to see if I can fix this
myself.

Astron.