[Libreoffice-ux-advise] FilePicker reworked

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Wed Nov 9 04:42:46 PST 2011

Hi all,

For the CMIS integration in the UI I'll sooner or later need a file
picker that allows selecting from one or more servers / repositories. In
order to do that, I was thinking about changing the internal LibreOffice
file-picker (not the ones using the OS file-picker) to be similar to the
GNOME one.

That would allow:
  * Selection from different places from a side list (local places as
well as remote places). This could be interesting also for the other
protocols.
  * The selection list box would be able to pick either the version
stored inside an ODF file, but if possible it would pick the version
from the server (in CMIS case and possibly others)
  * A search bar could be added depending on the selected place. It may
not make sense for cases like WebDAV or FTP.
  * Each entry in the list box could show the infos in a modern way.
I'ld like it to be depending on the content provider as we may not
provide the same data for all cases. For example we may want to see the
current version number, or the userid who locked the file in documents
stored in a CMIS-enable server.

What do you think about it?

Regards,

--