[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Advise for font

Astron heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 13 04:21:54 PST 2011

Hi,

> Today we have icons such as "a<b" or "a=b". My question is now: How do we
> improve these icons? Do you think we keep the letters or drop them and draw
> a larger math symbol?

Where the symbol is still understandable without letters, it might be
a good idea to drop the letters. In some cases, like "x over y" v/ "a
- b" or "A slash B" v/ "a / b," this wouldn't work and only create
ambiguity. But if it helps usability I'm not against entirely
destroying some consistency.
IMHO, the only tab where letters could consistently be dropped would
be the Relations tab.

> A sample of the result with Comic Sans is in this picture:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Ohallot
>
> The last 2 lines of the Elements windows are new icons.

Your new icons are too well antialiased :).

Astron.