[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fonts standadization for Impress templates

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Wed Oct 26 12:29:59 PDT 2011

Hello Andras

Em 26-10-2011 16:55, Andras Timar escreveu:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> 2011/10/26 Olivier Hallot<olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org>:
>> Hi Andras
>>
>> I think it is intentional. On Windows people have Times New Roman and
>> Arial by default, so they don't need their metrically equivalent
>> Liberation Serif and Liberation Sans. It is a good question, whether
>> LibreOffice or MS Office on Windows fall back to Times New Roman when
>> the template uses Liberation Serif (and ro Arial for LibreOffice
>> Serif). They should...
>>
>> Best regards,i
>> Andras

I know it look as if I am splitting hairs, but that reason isn't the one
I would have taken.

I am puzzled... Even is all is metrically equivalent, omitting
Liberation in Windows and relying in a fallback with Arial and TNR seems
to be a source for noise.

Regards

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation