[Libreoffice-ux-advise] to duplicate an existing style

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sat Sep 10 08:49:00 PDT 2011

Hi Astron,

Astron schrieb:
[..]
> Okay, I'll try to specify this now:
> [New]
> # inherit from "default style" (user can change this later)
> # no new definitions (empty organiser, except for, as proposed above,
> the separators indicating inherited definitions)
>
> [Duplicate]
> # inherit from the same style the original style inherited from
> # copy all definitions from the original style

How to make a chain? For example "text body" -> "list" -> "numbering 1"
-> "numbering 1 End". I know how to make it, but how should the UI look,
to make it easy and understandable to normal users? Your proposal does
not solve the problem "I want a list, but the last list item needs a
larger spacing to the next paragraph." Perhaps a third entry [child] is
needed.

Kind regards
Regina