[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header and Footers separators design

Astron heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 12 09:50:55 PDT 2011

Hi.

This thing is a total winner and probably one of the major new
features of 3.5. Congratulations, Cedric!

Still, I second all of Christoph's remarks for changes (except for the
tab height: I think it's okay as it is).
A few additional comments from my side:
# we, as in, the design team, should add a new plus symbol that
visually matches the drop-down arrow. So I quickly made something that
should look okay (hopefully it is not too blurry -- the choice was
making it off-centre or blurry, and I like centring things) [1]. (By
the way, the plus symbol really flickers too much still -- but you
said that you don't know how to get rid of this, yet, right?)
# I think shorter dashes like in Christoph's mock-up would look better
than today's long dashes.
# if you click the "plus" button, the cursor should jump to the new
header/footer and not back to the header/footer that was originally
edited.

Regards,
Astron.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:List_add_blackwhite.png