[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Hiding/Showing the page breaks in writer

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Tue Sep 27 14:22:54 PDT 2011

Hi Cor, Cedric, all!

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2011, 17:49 +0200 schrieb Cor Nouws:
> Cedric Bosdonnat wrote (27-09-11 09:45)
>
> >> One last thing ... I don't know whether the button itself is a bit large
> >> (good for the button handling, but visually it might be a bit strong ...
> >> thinking about going towards a 16x16 icon).
> >> @ Astron: What do you think?
> >
> > I hesitated quite a long time on that... so your input there is highly
> > appreciated.
>
> I see no non-rectangular buttons at all in the GUI ...
> So my proposal would be: find a rectangular button, that a sort of
> mimics an arrow ..

Personally, I think the non-rectangular button has a great advantage,
because it already implements "direction" that naturally "splits" the
pages. The reason for not having such buttons today is to avoid
implementation effort - since most of such buttons do also require
proper a11y handling, sane behavior on all platforms, etc.

The good thing in our case is that we "just" extend the functionality we
have ... other means to access this functionality do still work. But,
for 80% of the user we have an improvement to make things more
visible/more understandable (I hope).

> Enclosed something that you may not want to implement, just to show the
> direction that I'm thinking of ;-)

Thanks - I played with it as well, but I wasn't able to deliver
something that "just works".

Cheers,
Christoph