[Libreoffice-ux-advise] New icons in Tango

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Apr 13 06:49:15 PDT 2012

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 13:03 +0200, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> about a week ago, Michael (M.) noticed on ux-advise that some icons in
> LibreOffice's Tango theme had been replaced. Well, I replaced those
> and didn't do the sensible thing and discuss these changes first...

	Heh ;-) that's fine, as long as it is intentional I guess.

> I'd like to make up for that lack of discussion. Thus, I've created a
> wiki page to show an overview over all the icons I've changed since
> 3.5: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Tango_refresh_3.

	Of course, my random / hackers asthetic feeling (which is
perfectly fine to write-off as invalid :-) is that overall there
is an improvement here :-)

	The purple for the f(x) is a but odd to me, I rather liked the crisp,
same coloured triplet of similar icons there in calc, and IMHO the new
one looks rather 'busy' vs. the old one.

	Same interest wrt. the purple color for the plugin icon - but perhaps
we move to a more multi-colored theme :-)

> The Start Center icons have been discussed on the Design list already,
> albeit mostly with Alex. There are a few icons that I feel are mostly
> uncritical (Media Player, Writer Toolbar, the icons imported from the
> "official" Tango theme in the Extension Manager) and of course there
> are some that definitely need another round of replacing (Open File,
> Extension) and some that hopefully only need refining (Formula "f(x)"
> icon).

	Sure :-)

> So, I would love to hear your feedback! (Of course, if you want to
> work on these further, that'd be great.[1])

	So - it's all fine with me, I just wanted to make sure we were not
slipping back Galaxy icons into the theme by mistake (by loosing the
industrial layer eg.).

	Thanks !

		Michael.