[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Repo / place for original artwork files (was: Re: [PUSHED] Make new About dialogue a little nicer)

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Aug 9 01:07:06 PDT 2012

Hi Astron,

Stefan Knorr píše v Čt 02. 08. 2012 v 01:00 +0200:

> Who would we speak to regarding the fdo's server config for images (i.e.
> fixing the server settings, so the website headers announce images as
> images instead of text files)? Or is that a general problem with cgit?

Terribly sorry for missing your mail :-(  Can you please describe me the
problem more exactly?  I can see the images, when I go eg. to

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/icon-themes/tango/lc10713.png

and click "(plain)" after the "blob:
c18733cf1528e91ee4a60f6896d1c1d4fdd422a8", it opens correctly for me in
the eog.

For sure it is not the most user-friendly way, but hopefully good for a
start?

> And then, can we try moving the repository idea forward?

Sounds great to me - I'd be for an additional subdir in the core
repository wherever you choose; the rest of the artwork is there already
anyway...

All the best,
Kendy