[Libreoffice-ux-advise] new header / footer click-to-reveal bits ...

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Aug 27 09:18:01 PDT 2012

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 00:06 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> It seems to work well and I like the idea. Tested with LO
> 3.7.0.0.alpha0+ (Build ID: a581d31).
>
> The main risk I see is when you work with a large file because when a
> temporary  header/footer is added, the layout is updated. Whit large
> files it is time consuming. To have an idea with a limit case, please
> try with https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=61925 from
> fdo#48932 (be careful: fdo#52108).

Ok, I changed the behavior to only show the header/footer separator when
clicking on an empty one (your idea). See this commit:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3a8f97a07ff02e160e35c54986c30c014c6415d0

The best is for you to get a build including that commit and play with
it and tell me if it sounds acceptable. Remember it needs to be great to
be able to fix the feature in 3.6. With this patch I think we come to a
lower level of risk of corner cases than the temporary header/footer
idea.

Thanks for you input.
--
Cedric