[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:26:29 PST 2012

Hi Markus, Pierre-Yves,

I believe I won't have so much time to work on this in the next ~two
weeks with you. Anyway, I hope I can give some helpful input now.
So, from what it looks like:
* It's a no-brainer that the dialogue is missing a "Remove
(condition)" button; currently you can only disable stuff – which made
sense when there was a fixed number of three conditions (that was true
for the last time in 3.3, I believe), but doesn't any more.
* Another no-brainer is that the "Add" button is in the wrong spot, it
ought put to be below the scrolling conditions field, so it can be
easily associated with adding a condition.
* Finally, the dialogue should obviously be (vertically) resizable –
not having been at FOSDEM, how far along is Caolan's stab in the
direction of resizable dialogues?

Also, I've uploaded some other software's implementations of similar
concepts to the wiki:
* https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Rhythmbox-autoplaylist.png
* https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Thunderbird-msgfilter.png

Astron.