[Libreoffice-ux-advise] The "no border text" feature in Writer 3.5 is not complete

Vit vitruss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:37:40 PST 2012

Hi all!

Sorry to be here in this list, I've read about the problem and have some ideas
how to solve this issue with borders:

1. Most of users wanting this borders are typing a lot and, to my mind, have
to work with shown non-printing characters. So the fist idea is to show
borders with non-printing characters enabled.

2. The second thing is for the people working with images a lot. The idea is
to show border with thin or dashed line only when user moves (drags or moves
using the keyboard) an object (Table, Image, etc.). And the other thing is
making border appear when something is snapped to it. I think it will be
useful, when object snaps to the border and you see, that it snaps to the
border exactly, but not to the other grid line.

3. Add the check box to show the page borders to Tools → Options → LibreOffice
Writer → Grid. I think this is the place for such king of check box. I've read
you don't want to add it, but some users think that should be the way to get
the borders back and this menu have lots of free space and it's logical to
place the check box there.

With bets regards,
Victor

P.S. I'm using LibreOffice to write some text (for example my thesis) and I
think it's easier to do it in LibreOffice then in MSO.