[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:43:14 PST 2012

Hi Pierre-Yves, Cor, Markus,

I've created on an own (initial) mock-up, let me know what you think:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Mockup-conditionalformatting.png

I'll try to do a quick walk-through:
* the == buttons are the "Shrink window" buttons ... I was too lazy to
insert the appropriate image there

* I moved the Add button below the scrolling field to make sure it is
always visible (at the same position, too) without being needlessly
duplicated

* I've moved the "New Style..." button into the first position in the
combobox – that should help somewhat with visual clutter without
removing functionality

* I've retained the option enable/disable conditions – ultimately, I
think, if that should stay or not should depend on whether we can save
disabled conditions in ODS files or not (otherwise we're making users
believe that their data (unused conditions) is safe while actually it
is deleted

* I've tried to limit the height of the dialogue to something that
doesn't block the entire screen (or becomes even higher than the
screen – Rhythmbox for instance does that)

* I've added an info bar if no conditions are set.

* I have not incorporated Pierre-Yves's idea of the reordering
buttons, mainly because (while a nice function)
** it is a bit clumsy (drag'n'drop is always better)
** it creates some more visual clutter

* The appearing scrollbar would reduce the space available for the
conditions UI a bit – that is somewhat unsightly, but I believe it's
even more unsightly to always show a scrollbar.

(Sorry for the not-too-logical layout of the mock-ups. But the numbers
in the description should lead you.)

Regards,
Astron.