[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Floppy Disk ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Jan 6 10:31:15 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 06:44:10PM +0100, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> Now, there's another question with regard to our icons: how are they
> actually licensed? The Human icon theme folder for instance, contains
> this:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/icon-themes/human/CopyrightsTango
> I know, Human came into the repository long after the fork. So, is
> that document moot now?

Why should it be? Unfortunately the human theme was a colorful collection using
artwork from various sources with very little care taken for consistency.
Luckily, as the reference location for human icon contributions is now
LibreOffice itself, so our default license requirements apply for further
contributions, making at least those halfway consistent. But for the old stuff,
I fear we have to keep the notes (unless they are replaced, or the original
author allow us to relicense). I dont think we should be proactive about the
relicensing as it would be a real timewaster.

Best,

Bjoern