[Libreoffice-ux-advise] UI disaster on Windows: soffice -h

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:56:59 PST 2012

Hi,

I've just found this feature, soffice -h displays a dialog box on
Windows with some help text.
Problems:
1. Dialog is not localisable. Help text comes from const char arrays
in desktop/source/app/cmdlinehelp.cxx
2. Help text is clipped, there is not enough room on the dialog.
3. If I resized the dialog, it would not fit on a 1024x768 screen.

I wonder, if we could fix this before UI freeze on Monday. I need your
input regarding how to present this information to users.

Best regards,
Andras