[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] Complete removal of the Windows/Linux quickstarter, was: Re: Removing LibO on Windows ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 9 02:12:48 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 16:34 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:
> > It's the OS's domain to (quickly) start applications, and OS's are
> > pretty good at that. If you want to start anything particularly
> > quickly on...

	Hey ho ;-) clearly the more cruft we can remove the better, but at
least for older machines - and particularly those with hard disks, the
quick-starter should make quite a substantial difference.

	Then again, if we can get link-time-optimisation going, and more of our
code munged into one big shlib, and the faster startup that should give
for everything then - it prolly makes sense.

	Is this a 4.0 feature we can add to the 4.0 plan ?

	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4

	HTH,

		Michael.