[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Citrus UI ...

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:59:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

wanted to answer before... but didn't send the mail.
> LibreOffice's GUI will change incrementally, improving usability of one
> feature at a time. A "big-bang" GUI rework of all modules would require a
> much larger developer community and would likely cause more problems than it
> would solve.
>
> LibreOffice is almost certainly going to stick to a menu-and-toolbar GUI,
> which is ubiquitous across desktop operating systems. On mobile operating
> systems such as Android, LibreOffice will adopt a toolbar-based interface
> but will strive to be consistent with its desktop counterpart.

Anyway, here's the text I wanted to propose:
"We are revising and improving LibreOffice's interface in small ways
with every version. You can see some of our progress in the release
The Design Team's <a
href="http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards">Whiteboards
section</a> in our wiki contains more information on planned
improvements.
A number of ideas to improve the interface in a big way exist, however,
they are usually not yet mature enough to be implementable. It is important
to note that such ideas generally need to be split up into
several smaller chunks to better to better fit LibreOffice's development
style."

Astron.