[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Mar 7 11:44:50 PST 2012

Hi Markus,

Markus Mohrhard schrieb:
> Hey guys,
>
> while looking at bug fdo#45085 I had a look at the code and think I
> need to do a major refactoring. So this is the perfect opportunity to
> tell me your wishes for UI improvements in the Conditional Format
> Dialog.
>
> Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the dialog?

(1)
When using a formula as condition, the relative references in the
formula are based on the address of the current cell. It would be nice,
if this base address is shown in the dialog. I know, that I can drag the
dialog beside and look where the cell cursor actual is, but that does
not catch the case, where I think, the cursor is at the right place but
actual is not. That can happen easily, when you mark a range for setting
a condition, where it makes a difference whether you mark up- or downwards.

(2)
When you copy a condition to a new place, which has a formula with
references, it might happen, that the reference does not exist.
Currently it is replaced with #REF, so that the original information is
lost. I would like, that the original reference is kept and the error is
indicated in another way, for example setting the field background to
light red and the font style in the field to italic.

Kind regards
Regina