[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [PUSHED] Re: Disable auto-numbering by default

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Mar 9 06:17:19 PST 2012

Hi Pierre-Yves,

On 2012-03-09 at 12:02 +0100, pierre-yves.samyn wrote:

> If the subject is "Disable auto-numbering by default" the simplest
> might be to uncheck by default Tools> AutoCorrect Options> Options>
> Apply numbering - symbol ?

That is exactly what the pushed patch does - unchecks this option by
default.

> In this way we do not change the habits of those who wish to use it.

The thing is that I don't believe there is a single user what would wish
to use it in the form we have it now ;-) - it is just too annoying; but
I believe it could be potentially useful if done right.

> This answers also the Michael's question on auto-bulleting.
>
> About this option (auto-numbering by default) it seems to me more annoying:
>
> 1. It does not apply by default Numbering1 and List1 styles (List Styles).
> This would facilitate the customization of the list and would be more
> consistent to a "good" practise.
>
> 2. It is limited to Default, Body Text, Body Text indent (paragraph style)

Could you be more specific, please?  Like - compare the current
behavior, and how it should be changed to be better usable, so that we
can turn it into use-cases?

Thank you,
Kendy