[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Default Styles in Writer

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:51:43 PST 2012

Hi
pierre-yves.samyn skrev 2012-11-28 14:33:

>     > why a style (Heading) that isn't directly used in the
>     > document needs to be added to the list of applied styles because
>     another
>     > style (Heading 1) is used in the document.
>
>     I see at least 2 cases...
>
>     1. For example, if you want to increase proportionally the size of
>     the styles
>     Heading 1 and Heading 2, you can edit "Heading".
>     Still need to know that these styles depend on that.
>     The legacy would be less obvious with custom styles if you do not
>     display
>     this information.

I would recommend using hierarchal view of the Styles and Formatting
dialog for
knowing which style is based on what. I don't really consider Heading
showing up
when using one of the Heading X styles as obvious, at best I'd call it a
hint.

>     2. A paragraph style ("Test" for instance) is defined with a
>     numbering style
>     ("List 3" for instance). Currently "Applied styles" shows "List 3"
>     as used,
>     even if  the paragraph style "Test" is not used. It does not seem
>     to be any
>     other way of knowing, except of course browse through all
>     paragraph styles

Sorry I got snowed in on Paragraph styles and what shows up in the
"Apply Style"
combo box in the Formatting toolbar, which seems to add all applied
paragraph
styles. You make a good case for leaving Applied Styles in the Styles
and Formatting
dialog as it is.

/Niklas