[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Need Developer Input about Options

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:47:34 PDT 2012

Hello,
We're in the middle of our option analysis [1] and we'd like to know
whether the following options are still needed and, if so, what their use
cases are:
- "Screen font antialiasing" (font size from which text should be
antialiased)
- E-mail client (why not just use the OS default?)
- All the Database settings (no database users among designers, I'm afraid)
- Locale setting (why would a person not want to use the system default
only in LibreOffice?)
- Decimal separator key (in which cases is the locale setting not
applicable?)
- Default currency (in which cases is the locale setting not applicable?)
- Default languages "For the current document only" (why not use
"Tools>Language>For All Text"?)
- Are there any options that aren't necessary for Japanese or for Complex
Text Layout? None of us use these features, so we assume they're there for
a reason and thus agreed to keep them.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Analyses/Global_Options