[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Patch] [Feature] Gradient Fill for Cells in Calc

Muthu Subramanian K sumuthu at suse.com
Mon Sep 3 00:34:27 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have attached a first cut patch for the gradient fill for cells.
I initially tried using only the 'Gradient' tab from the area fill
dialog - but it was too tightly tied to it.
On the other hand probably we might want to include the other fill
styles (and other tabs in the area dialog) for cells in calc too (?).

Pending issues (afaik):
1. Import/Export it to the ods format
2. Import/Export to xlsx format
3. Remove color tab from the format cell dialog
4. Implement 'no fill' option in area fill dialog
5. Testing: There could very well be bugs with this patch - I haven't
    done an extensive testing.
6. Minor (for documentation sake): Background color is set without
    testing if the user selected it or not. if(set) is required there.

I would be really nice if somebody (both from calc and ux team) could
review this patch, please?

Thank you so much,
Muthu Subramanian