[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template Manager: UI to reset the default template

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Wed Jan 9 08:17:07 PST 2013

Le 09/01/2013 16:49, Cedric Bosdonnat a écrit :
> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 14:10 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
>> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 11:51 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> There is one thing really missing in the new template manager: we have
>>> no way to reset the default template after having set it.
>>>
>>> Any idea where / how to integrate that?
>>
>> I just saw the "Blank" template item idea for each category in the bugs
>> page... that will do the trick I think.
>
> Hum, yet another reply to myself... the Gear popup menu has the action
> to reset the default template.

what is the current implementation (lo < 4.0) :
- is there a default .ott, .otc, otd, otp ?
- or is it harcoded ?

I realize there is no feed-back to inform user which template is default.
Can we add some visual feed-back ?
for ex a special background or border, an icon, or bold text ?

And if the default template is hardcoded, can we add some information
text to say "The default Writer/Calc/Impress/Draw template is defined by
LO"
If you can create a "blank" template (eg corresponding to LO default),
the action in gear menu seems useless.

Just a reflexion : wouldn't it be interesting to show all default
template to user ? A list with 4 templates : 1 for Writer, 1 for Calc, 1
for Impress, 1 for Draw

Michel