[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Mass changes to Impress animations - related to fdo#41572

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed May 8 10:44:02 PDT 2013

Mirek Mazel wrote:
> On your original proposal [1], I'm thinking this kind of
> functionality might be best suited to styles (kind of like CSS
> animations). Do you think it would be possible to make animations a
> part of presentation styles?

Yup, that would be my thinking - at least technically, it's how I
would tie that to master pages (which work from how they apply styles
plus background objects to individual slides).

> As for Michel's proposal, I would love to see the animation pane
> redesigned, really, but I think that discussion is more appropriate
> for the design mailing list. Could we move that discussion there?

Please. It appears still rather in flux.

> Also, Janit, Thorsten, would you be willing to work on that
> redesign?  If so, it'd be incredibly useful if you could clarify the
> scope of the redesign a bit. Or perhaps we could generate a bunch of
> mockups and create the scope based on them (see which things can be
> done, which can't).

It is unlikely I'll personally be able to commit to larger amounts of
time there unfortunately, though would happily help mentoring such an
endeavour.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten