[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Remove the Navigator button below the scrollbar in Writer

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Fri Nov 15 09:11:42 PST 2013

Hi!

Le 15/11/2013 09:30, Samuel Mehrbrodt a écrit :

> The scrollbar is something which height/width depends on the OS and
> visual theme used. So there are issues where the scrollbar is too small
> and the widgets are displayed wrongly [1].
>
> Of course there is a use case for the Navigation buttons being quickly
> accessible, but I don't think the right place for them is below the
> scrollbar. There is for example already a toolbar which has the
> navigation buttons (forward and back, see View->Toolbars->Navigation)
> and we could easily add the "Navigation" button there also. Or we could
> think about adding it to the statusbar (I would prefer the first).

Could the new search bar be enhanced so that it integrates the
Navigation buttons rather then creating yet another toolbar? This would
make everyone happy:
-- no more misplaced Navigation buttons ,
-- the functionality would be more visible, even if the Navigator is not
on screen,
-- Ctrl+F would call the bunch of search tools (I love shortcuts ;)

What do you think?
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux