[Libreoffice] new download - checking for rpm

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Dec 1 13:02:46 PST 2010

On 01/12/10 19:13, Wols Lists wrote:
> Have we lost a patch somewhere? Just trashed my old development
> directory by mistake :-) so I'm trying to follow the new download and
> build instructions. ./autogen.sh bombs as follows ...
>
> checking whether to enable EPM for packing... yes
> checking for epm... no
> EPM will be built.
> checking which package format to use... rpm
> checking for rpm... configure: error: not found
> anthony at ashdown ~/gitstuff/loffice $
>
> I thought we'd hit this problem before but I can't find it in my email
> archive.
>
> As an aside, I thought autogen retrieved its old arguments from
> config.log if you didn't give it any. Does this happen now? I cheated
> and copied my old config.log across but it didn't seem to use it ...
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

I'm now well stuffed :-( Tried to follow the instructions for upgrading
my old development directory and that's now stuck in a loop of "the
build process has changed. You need to run autogen.sh and download". So
I do, run make, and "the build process has changed ..." Argh!

Anyways, for a new download ... this is obviously the code in configure
that is kicking me out. I just don't understand what it's doing ...

And just before there's some comment about gentoo - of course - I'm
running gentoo!

(And as an aside, yes it does seem to be reusing the old arguments :-)

Cheers,
Wol

      for a in "$RPM" rpmbuild rpm; do
         $a --usage >/dev/null 2> /dev/null