[Libreoffice] FOSDEM foo ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Dec 2 04:23:41 PST 2010

Hi Suren,

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 15:35 +0530, surenspost at gmail.com wrote:
> Also is this the right time to apply for the FOSDEM paper or should I
> wait some more time for the patch to mature ?

	Wow - it's always the right time to apply for a FOSDEM paper :-) just
whack your name in the wiki, and encourage your friends to come.

	Seriously - I would love to see -anyone- that has got any code at all
into LibreOffice speaking in our track there: if only about your
impressions of the code-base, and to give feedback on the community: we
can arrange arbitrarily small speaking slots: 5 minutes, 15minutes etc.
[ though I'd recommend longer ].

	People that have a live build, and are working towards a goal of a
feature / fix / whatever would be interesting too; just getting to know
each other and some introductions are benficial I think [ some people
simply won't know who you are until you speak, sadly ].

	FOSDEM (FWIW) is an outstanding conference for Free Software projects
to attend, and we should be adding suggested talks to the wiki left &
right :-)

	Incidentally; the wiki page is here:

	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Events/Fosdem2011

	and I'll be there to cheer-lead :-) and hopefully lots of other members
of the LibreOffice team, steering committee etc.

	ATB,

		Michael.