[Libreoffice] defaulting to --without-java ... (?)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Dec 2 08:33:50 PST 2010

So,

	As part of the quest to make LibreOffice easier to build; and in
parallel to annoy developers who are missing those java implemented
features into re-writing them into C++, I was wondering:

	would anyone scream if we defaulted configure to --without-java ?
[ this is primarily for developers ], should make it easier to build
(without the bogus version dependencies), quicker to compile, and faster
to run (I hope) ;-)

	It might also help us address some of the nasties on Windows - where we
cannot easily ship a JRE everywhere.

	Rumour has it that Kendy has fixed the perennial dialog warning that
there is no JRE installed - that was simply extremely annoying; but no
doubt there are other problems.

	You have a day to scream 'STOP', 'LOOK', 'LISTEN' :-) failing that I
suggest we tweak the default tomorrow.

	Thanks,

		Michael.