[Libreoffice] defaulting to --without-java ... (?)

Thu Dec 2 11:22:27 PST 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:45:17 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> >>        would anyone scream if we defaulted configure to --without-java ?
>
> I would.

I would not.

> >> [ this is primarily for developers ], should make it easier to build
>
> Come on, what is hard about installing a JDK?

My LibO build failed with the included openjdk, gcj, and sun-jre
installed, I had to remove openjdk, and then I had to remove the gcj
java stuff, and *only* when I had the sun stuff left, would LibO
actually build without screaming about not being able to detect
Java. (when I actually had java installed and in my path).

I spent about 3 hours to get the right stuff installed. During
configure time (which I run often), I am always annoyed as the "checking
for ant..." part takes longest.

+1 for disabling. Or let's include Java properly, like we include
python. Perhaps dalvik, I am sure Oracle would like that. Oh no! :)

Sebastian