[Libreoffice] defaulting to --without-java ... (?)

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 16:42:48 PST 2010

On 02/12/10 23:07, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 10:32:15PM +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>> I would agree with this. This is my problem with ant - I have java but
>> not ant installed, it worked for me on the old system, and it now fails.
> Then install it?

That's what I may well do. But imho it's rather stupid to have ant as a
specific install in my world file, and not java.

Spock: "it does not compute"

And as others have said, we want the build system to be newbie-friendly.
It always *used* to download its own ant, so it's a regression. A lot of
systems will have java runtime installed. It shouldn't assume that just
because the runtime is there, the development setup is also there. (And
imho it shouldn't force developers to install the development system
system-wide either - as I said why should ant be an explicit install
when java isn't?)

> Grüße/Regards,
>
> René
Cheers,