[Libreoffice] defaulting to --without-java ... (?)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Dec 3 02:17:25 PST 2010

Hi Wols,

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 00:42 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
> And as others have said, we want the build system to be newbie-friendly.
> It always *used* to download its own ant, so it's a regression. A lot of
> systems will have java runtime installed. It shouldn't assume that just
> because the runtime is there, the development setup is also there. (And
> imho it shouldn't force developers to install the development system
> system-wide either - as I said why should ant be an explicit install
> when java isn't?)

	Hmm, now I look at what the previous configure option did:

	--with-ant-home=$BUILDDIR/$APACHE_ANT

	it seems we downloaded the pre-compiled ant java binaries and dumped
them in build/build/ - which made things easier (I guess), although no
more pleasant for most people.

	So - I think the best advice is to install a system ant in the new
bootstrap/ build world.

	HTH,

		Michael.