[Libreoffice] The future of help [was: Re: Deleting Java from Base]

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Dec 3 05:52:13 PST 2010

Hi Christian,

On 2010-12-03 at 14:40 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> Start with stuff that /any/ user would see.
> My list would start with:
> Fulltext search in Help (i.e. <F1>) - that uses lucene and requires java

That one might be actually easy - when the wikihelp is online, I'd
default to not building the internal help at all, and instead focus on
converting it from the wiki version to the platform-native (Windows /
MacOSX / Gnome / KDE [but IIRC, KDE was able to read the Gnome's help
natively too]) for the releases.  And cut all the help-related code ;-)

Objections / support / thoughts?

Regards,
Kendy