[Libreoffice] binfilter and features...

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Sun Dec 5 12:23:17 PST 2010

On 12/05/2010 12:39 PM, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> All true. It was just a note that it might be easier, if you have an
> interest in binfilter, to just take the conservative approach and
> silence warnings with e.g converting

I was thinking of taking a 2 steps approach: first silent warning in a
conservative way (this is also less risk to introduce bugs) and then to
"down-size" the module just keeping the needed part.

In my opinion, the needed part would be, for the next releases, just the
read capability of (older?) binary format build in within LibO.

But if the decision is to drop it anyway for the next release, does not
bring a lot.... I did not found any inputs about it within mailing
lists. Has the point been discussed somewhere? Is this to be handle by
the steering committee? Is there a "technical" steering committee for
this kind of decision, where we could propose / give reasons for
thinking this or that? Currently, as said, I am doing conservative
warning fixes, but to start something more intrusive, would like to have
first a kind of direction decision.
regards