[Libreoffice] de-emphasisig java ... - summary so far ...

Andrea Pescetti pescetti at openoffice.org
Sun Dec 5 15:33:11 PST 2010

On 03/12/2010 Michael Meeks wrote:
> We cannot bundle the JRE (as Oracle do)

Wouldn't it be possible to bundle a free Java implementation? I haven't
followed the status of the ongoing efforts toward a free Java recently,
but if it is stable enough and cross-platform (I heard a Mac OS X
version started to be developed last month) it could be considered.

> and if the user goes
> to download it, they have OpenOffice.org advertised to them.

And this should be no problem. LibreOffice should not be afraid of an
OpenOffice.org banner. And anyway most of the early adopters will likely
already know, and in many cases use, OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
  Andrea.