[Libreoffice] Java build problem identified | findhome | MacOSX location ?

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Dec 6 05:21:37 PST 2010

On 06/12/10 12:57, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> Hmm - but the result of the IRC-discussion was to use (for Mac)
>> > /usr/libexec/java_home where available (10.5 and newer), and the
>> > hardcoded fallbackpath of either
>> > /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home
>> > or /Library/Java/Home (which in the end points to the
>> > /System/Library..... one.
>> >
>> > http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa2001/qa1170.html
>> > wasn't it?
>> >
> Yes indeed.
>
> Which is not what the result is. since the readlink cruf is still
> attempted before that... I'll have a pass at it to re-order these.
>
> Norbert

Sorry - that's my fault, but I was a bit out of my depth and it was late.

The problem as I saw it was making sure Mac still went through the old
path first, because findhome is successful but returns a dud path.

And it was the trap the comments said was for mac that was the trap that
made gentoo bomb.

Cheers,
Wol