[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Dec 6 10:49:17 PST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 08:57:11PM +0300, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Like some other members of the L10n project, I'm not very happy with
> the RC1 we provided:
> - the Windows multilanguage installer is really a pain when you are
> on a slow connexion

Is that really a argument now that most people use broadband? Should we
really care about those wo don't (and downlaod a new version every few
months?)

(Disclaimer: I don't like the multi-lang installed either, and am happy
that we don't have that on Linux)

> - once you're done with the version, you realize that you do not get
> the help files,

I don't like the splitout of the help either, but I guess this has been
approved by the SC. (I'll continue to package it). Nevertheless, shouldn't
this magically work if the URLs to the help got fixed?

> - no spellchecker is available when a inexistent grammar checker
> extension is provided, so a poor quality shown and again a new

That I don't understand.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70