[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Mon Dec 6 15:15:27 PST 2010

Hi,

Le 06/12/2010 23:10, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Sophie & Wols,
>
> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 20:57 +0300, Sophie Gautier wrote:
>> - the Windows multilanguage installer is really a pain when you are on a
>> slow connexion
> 	It took under five minutes for me to download; 8Mbit, I can imagine it
> taking ten times longer on a 1Mbit link, from Madagascar - perhaps you
> don't have a mirrorbrain mirror topologically close to you ?

Why not grouping all installation tasks in the language pack ?
1/ the user download the language pack he want
2/ he installs this language pack and its installer ask the user to
provide the archive of the core application or to give the permission to
download it.
3/ if the user want add another language pack to an existing
installation, the installer must be sufficiently smart to detect it and
just add the new language.

Proceding this way, we need only one file for the core application
without duplication through all localizations.

Best regards
JBF