[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Dec 6 22:33:51 PST 2010

Le 2010-12-06 17:10, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> 	Well - we are looking again at how best to re-package it. The 'obvious'
> solutions are not very pleasant ones though. So - with only ten
> languages (all of my Catalan, Hungarian, .... friends start screaming) -
> we can cover some huge proportion of our users, and then it is only the
> minority languages that have either a huge download, or separate / split
> language-packs.
>
> 	On the other hand - now is not a wonderful time to be discovering
> this:-)  The outline of what was suggested wrt. multi-language installs
> has been on the table for several months, and was there in Beta3; RC1 is
> not an ideal time to notice these issues.

Actually, IMO, this may be an unfortunate time to discover this, but
still better than to have our product released when we know that it
could be improved still before release. There is nothing wrong with
taking a step back. We are a new distro and still ironing out bugs
within our organisation.

I, for one, would not be upset if the release is put back if it means
delivering a better product. I don't believe that there will be much
public backlash either.

Lack of help file and spellchecker is not going to be a great selling point.

Marc